It should not come as a surprise that a one-to-one conversation surrounding a brand is often referred to as the “holy grail of marketing.” If a one-to-one conversation is the holy grail, what is a one-on-one conversation between a consumer and a health & wellness influencer? Over the last 17 years, we have worked with healthy brands to achieve face-to-face interactions between influencers and consumers.
The influencer recommending your brand is just as important as the messaging. Finding the right influencer can be a big barrier to entry for most marketers. So much so, that a recent report found that 75% of marketers say finding the right influencers is a challenge. If you can’t engage the right influencers, you cannot capitalize on face-to-face interactions.
3 Keys to Engaging the Right Influencers:
1. Who is having the conversations you want your brand part of?
- As a marketer, you likely have a detailed profile of your target consumer. But who are they talking to about their health & wellness needs—and what specific conversations with these influencers are relevant to your brand? Working backwards from the conversation you want to be part of can help identify the influencers you should be reaching.
2. Which health & wellness influencers want to incorporate your brand into their counseling conversations?.
- It’s one thing to identify the right influencer profile, but it’s another to identify influencers who want to incorporate brands—and branded materials—into their interactions with consumers. You might be surprised to learn that most health & wellness professionals regularly utilize branded materials (because of their educational value) and recommend brands by name (because consumers ask for recommendations). On the flip side, some health & wellness influencers cannot, or will not, utilize branded materials.. Marketing to these professionals is pointless.
3. How can you add value to the conversation?.
- The materials that are shared with health & wellness influencers should aid in their counseling interactions. Brands must think of these materials as a “two-way street.” The materials should help the influencer in educating consumers about a particular health topic or need-state, and place your healthy brand in context as part of a healthy solution. Simply sending promotional materials to influencers will get you nowhere. Understanding how you can add value to the conversation will build trust and credibility—and a lasting relationship with influencers that will recommend your brand.
Facilitating face-to-face interactions between influencers and consumers is an effective marketing pillar, if done correctly. Finding the right influencers to speak on behalf of your brand is extremely important. We’re here to help you find the right influencers.